In Ayurveda, ahara-vihar (diet and lifestyle) are two significant factors that influence your overall physical well-being and your hair are no exception to this. A good diet and a healthy lifestyle benefit your hair. Taking a holistic approach towards hair care can help you get healthy and shiny hair. Let’s discuss what you can do to keep your hair healthy:
- Eat a well-balanced diet: Though genetics and age are something you have no control over, diet is something that you can control. Eating a well-balanced diet can promote hair growth. Include foods such as eggs, spinach, fish, sweet potatoes and almonds in your diet. A nutrient-rich diet is necessary to prevent premature hair loss and early greying.
- Massage your scalp: Massaging the hair and scalp with oil is an Ayurvedic practice that has been used for centuries to maintain thick and healthy hair. Oiling provides deep conditioning and nourishment to the hair, encouraging hair growth and root strengthening. Oil your hair at least twice or thrice a week. Oily hair can be oiled with less frequency whereas dry hair needs more oiling. Applying oil before entering a chlorinated pool can protect the hair from damage.
Free from chemicals, ayurvedic oil is the best choice when it comes to nourishing your hair. A unique combination of herbs, our Vipula Hair Oil helps in revitalising and strengthening the hair follicles. Prepared as per the ancient method ‘Sneha Pak Vidhi’, this hair oil helps in keeping problems such as hair loss and hair thinning at bay. The hair oil is made of 100 % natural oils with no artificial colours, paraffin oil and silicon. Looking for more ayurvedic products online, explore our wide range of hair, skin and personal care products. We also offer a wide range of ayurvedic health care products for men, women and children.
- Avoid chemical-laden hair products: Whenever you are choosing hair products, make sure to read the ingredients as toxic ingredients such as silicon, parabens and artificial colours dehydrate your hair, making them frizzy, dry and damaged. Made from herbs, Ayurvedic hair products nourish your hair without clogging your hair follicles with chemicals.
- Comb your hair carefully: Combing your hair is an effective way to improve the blood circulation of the scalp. Combing not only detangles your hair but also spreads the natural oils of the scalp to your hair strands. It is, therefore, important to know how to comb your hair properly. Combing your hair immediately after washing them can lead to breakage. Brush out the knots before you wash your hair. Once your hair is dry, use a wide-toothed comb.
- Avoid heat styling regularly: Overuse of styling tools such as blowdryers, hair straighteners and curling irons strip your hair of its natural moisture. This leads to dryness, split ends, breakage and hair fall. Make sure you use them in moderation.
- Protect hair from harsh environments: Environmental damage, too much exposure to extreme temperatures and UV radiation damage the hair. Whenever you are stepping out, make sure your hair is dry. Damp hair attracts dust and dirt easily. Protect your hair from UV radiation by wearing a hat or scarf.