The body’s immune system works nonstop and it is the first line of defence against foreign bodies such as germs and bacteria. It protects the body from various infections and diseases. However, when the immune system is weak, it cannot work as effectively as it should. It is therefore important to know the signs of a weak immune system and take proactive steps to boost it so that it can work effectively.
Here we share with you some signs of a weak immune system and what can be done to boost immunity:
- Frequent infections: It’s natural for adults to experience two to three episodes of cold every year. Most healthy people recover from cold and related infections within a week or so. However, if someone is frequently catching colds or having recurring cold symptoms, it’s a sign is that the immune system is finding it difficult to keep up and is not able to fight invading viruses and bacteria as it should.
- Digestive problems: A healthy gut is a sign of good health and immune function. However, the root of most diseases is a weak digestive system. There are good microorganisms in the gut that defend the body from different infections and support the body’s immune system. However, digestive issues such as diarrhoea, constipation, bloating, and gas could be a sign of a weak immune system.
- Fatigue: In today’s hectic world, it’s normal for people to feel tired after a long day. However, feeling tired even after taking proper rest could be a sign that the immune system is weak and needs extra support.
- Wounds taking time to heal: The skin is the first barrier of the body to fight against germs. How well the skin heals is a sign that how well the immune system is working. If the burns, rashes or wounds are taking too long to heal, it could be because of the sluggish immune system.
Here are some tips to boost immunity:
- Practise good hygiene: A person with a weak immune system can avoid infections by practising good hygiene. This includes washing the hands, especially:
- Before, during, and after preparing meals and snacks
- before eating
- after blowing the nose, sneezing, or coughing
- after having contact with someone who is unwell
- Manage stress: Stress can weaken the immune system further, making a person more vulnerable to infections. People with a weak immune system should take steps to manage their stress. Yoga, breathing exercises and meditation can help manage stress.
Take ayurvedic medicine to increase immunity
Immunol, our ayurvedic medicine for immunity and strength, is formulated to help rejuvenate overall health by promoting cellular and humoral immunity. Available in both tablets and liquid, ou ayurvedic medicine boost the immune system. Manufactured as per the Ayurvedic scriptures, our immunity-boosting medicines are effective and 100% vegetarian. This medicine can be taken during the flu season as well as around the year.